Usually in our weekly look at some top Spanish creatives we take the chance to showcase a cross-section of their portfolios to best give a flavour of their talents. We could easily have done this for photographer Argider Aparicio as well as he boasts both impressive commissioned work and interesting projects to his name, but we were so blown away by his Zubiak series we decided to give it centre stage to shine alone.
Exploring bridges and the environments which they simultaneously connect and divide, Argider documents these everyday structures with the loving eye of the portraitist rather than the cool engineering appreciation of the architect and the series is all the better for that. Interestingly he studied philosophy in Madrid before moving onto photography and so his pictures are underpinned by solid ideas as well as the ever-present hunt for arresting visuals.
But his talents are such that you can enjoy his work for its immediacy while letting the points he ius making linger in your imagination.
For the next few weeks we’re showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU