Usually in our weekly look at some top Spanish creatives we take the chance to showcase a cross-section of their portfolios to best give a flavour of their talents. We could easily have done this for photographer Argider Aparicio as well as he boasts both impressive commissioned work and interesting projects to his name, but we were so blown away by his Zubiak series we decided to give it centre stage to shine alone.
Exploring bridges and the environments which they simultaneously connect and divide, Argider documents these everyday structures with the loving eye of the portraitist rather than the cool engineering appreciation of the architect and the series is all the better for that. Interestingly he studied philosophy in Madrid before moving onto photography and so his pictures are underpinned by solid ideas as well as the ever-present hunt for arresting visuals.
But his talents are such that you can enjoy his work for its immediacy while letting the points he ius making linger in your imagination.
For the next few weeks we’re showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang