Usually in our weekly look at some top Spanish creatives we take the chance to showcase a cross-section of their portfolios to best give a flavour of their talents. We could easily have done this for photographer Argider Aparicio as well as he boasts both impressive commissioned work and interesting projects to his name, but we were so blown away by his Zubiak series we decided to give it centre stage to shine alone.
Exploring bridges and the environments which they simultaneously connect and divide, Argider documents these everyday structures with the loving eye of the portraitist rather than the cool engineering appreciation of the architect and the series is all the better for that. Interestingly he studied philosophy in Madrid before moving onto photography and so his pictures are underpinned by solid ideas as well as the ever-present hunt for arresting visuals.
But his talents are such that you can enjoy his work for its immediacy while letting the points he ius making linger in your imagination.
For the next few weeks we’re showcasing some of the dazzling creatives which form part of the ABSOLUT Network, which brings together some of the finest cutting-edge creatives in Spain.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant