What’s the alchemy that goes into making a really great advert? We know it’s a combination of ideas, creativity, execution, relevance and impact but how can you really know if something’s going to be a hit? Well creative studio A Very Successful Business (aka Adam Morley and Dulcie Cowling) have got round this uncertainty by producing a set of Very Successful Adverts so you know they’re going to be good.
Promoting some of the lesser-heralded foodstuffs we know and love – think leeks, mustard and particularly cress – as well as weird deals for rhyming groceries and witches, these are very surreal, very silly and very, very funny. Somewhere out there the Cress Advisory Council must be thanking their lucky stars…
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s