What’s the alchemy that goes into making a really great advert? We know it’s a combination of ideas, creativity, execution, relevance and impact but how can you really know if something’s going to be a hit? Well creative studio A Very Successful Business (aka Adam Morley and Dulcie Cowling) have got round this uncertainty by producing a set of Very Successful Adverts so you know they’re going to be good.
Promoting some of the lesser-heralded foodstuffs we know and love – think leeks, mustard and particularly cress – as well as weird deals for rhyming groceries and witches, these are very surreal, very silly and very, very funny. Somewhere out there the Cress Advisory Council must be thanking their lucky stars…
- Submit Saturdays: Take advantage of your website to show varied work as a creative collective
- Parisian upstarts Ill-Studio give L’Officiel magazine new life
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity