In my humble but heartfelt opinion everyone even remotely connected to the creative industries should watch this amazing promo for next month’s Creative Fuel conference in Sydney. The strapline for the conference is “Cut the bullshit and focus on creativity” but we get there the hard way via this funny but at times excruciatingly close to the bone spoof. It follows a group of creative industry types and their plans for The World’s First Crowd Sourced 3D Printed QR Code, Live Streamed Via GoPro To A Mobile Or Tablet Device, Drone Delivery Ticket System Project, which we are constantly ensured will be a “gamechanger.”
It’s so packed with quotable lines that I don’t really want to spoil it, but a special mention must go to: “It’s very hard to find an idea so sometimes we just…don’t.” Clients don’t escape censure either (“I don’t understand it but I love it!”) and the little details are to die for; pay attention to the captions and look out for the fridge full of awards.
I’m gushing now so I’ll stop, but I genuinely couldn’t love this more.
- Beautiful editorial illustrations by painter Jean-Philippe Delhomme
- An absurd and unexpected series from Jordan photographer Tanya Habjouqa
- La Mouche et La Cloche's charming and musical identity for Association Irlandaise
- Designer, art director and book fanatic Ben Branagan shows off his bookshelf
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school