As if having the redesigned Aperture magazine promoting their discipline wasn’t enough of a thrill, photographers the world over can now relax, safe in the knowledge they’re being thoroughly represented by two beautifully-designed, tastefully-curated magazines (sure there’s more, but that doesn’t fit the angle of my introduction). Now in its fifth edition, Aint-Bad magazine takes a different thematic approach for each issue and cherrypicks some of the finest young practitioners into a luxurious showcase.
Issue five is dubbed Surface and explores images that have been created with aesthetics in mind, allowing the viewer to enjoy the simple beauty of their composition instead of worrying about what hidden meanings lurk beneath. And with features on Anthony Gerace, Daniel Gordon and Clayton Cotterell, Aint-Bad will ensure your aesthetic requirements are met.
- True Print: The work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Plant pots with boobs, tan lines and tight speedos: it's the joyful ceramics of Group Partner
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”