Six months on from featuring this lovely chap on our site, Alex Gibbs has hopped across the world to do a residency in China, where he has been given a room in The China Academy of Art situated in Hangzhou. He tells us he leads a simple life producing work on unlikely material like newspapers, hotel pads and greaseproof paper. Away from sexual exploitation and other dark things we showed you last year, he has progressed to colour popping scenes of Chinese life.
From cutting hair, playing video games and rollerskating, there ain’t no seedy sex acts going on here. Now, aren’t you glad we brought him back to your attention? Yes, yes you are.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100