We first came across Alexis Nolla through his illustrations of Bill Gates posing with a tiger and munching on an apple (obviously) for the third issue of Perdiz magazine, and we couldn’t be more glad we did. If his hilarious visual accompaniments to a wholly made-up interview don’t swing you (check out the issue to see how he conveys Bill’s irrational and relentless hatred of all things Apple Mac) then his plentiful offerings for any one of his other clients will do.
He’s still experimenting with styles, ranging from comic strips and black and white line drawings to fully-fledged, multi-coloured variations, but his work in all its forms is tongue-in-cheek and and very, very funny. Colourful, bold and timeless, there’s nothing not to like. In our opinion, at least. Bill Gates might not feel the same way.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang