Howdy! The new issue of Printed Pages magazine is out, and we’re happy to announce that deep within its wondrous pages lies an in-depth article studying the impact of Americana on art and design. To celebrate the launch of the mag we thought we’d dedicate this week’s mix to Americana, and the seemingly infinite pot of inspiration that artists and musicians have been delving into through time that is the United States. Read along with your own copy of Printed Pages you can get from over here.
This playlist is set as collaborative, so feel free to suggest in your own Americana songs in the comments box below or just go ahead and add them in!
- Studio Zwupp’s festival identity combines found type with abstract imagery
- Meet Jack Pearce: the illustrator drawing skate tribes
- Anna Haas’ structured yet anarchic approach to graphic design
- “Made for designers, not 3D experts”: Adobe Stock demystifies 3D renders
- Tanawat Sakdawisarak’s crisp illustrations reference pop music and video games
- Photographer Jay Wolke remembers gambling spots in the US during the 80s and 90s
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books