Ana-Maria Pasescu-Stewart and Amy Angold are a newly collaborative duo creating multidisciplinary work spanning graphic design through to prop production. Despite only recently becoming a creative partnership, their work is incredibly polished. In the past couple of months they’ve created both stunning props for Sbtrkt’s latest video and a window installation at Soboye concept store, so we thought it was about time to find out more.
Hi guys, lovely work, tell us a bit about yourselves…
We’ve known one another for many years and finally bit the bullet and got ourselves a studio, which we have already managed to fill with an array of materials and various other objects. We share a similar obsessive nature to using materials in ways only magpies understand!
Your masks look magnificent, how did you go about making them?
We most recently completed a window display for Soboye Concept Store called BOO which is currently on display until the end of October. Taking inspiration from some of the elements in store we created a series of African inspired masks. Each mask being crafted entirely from paper allowed us to work with leaves en masse, playing with colour, scale and repetition to create the overall effect.
What’s next for the two of you?
A website merging our work and minds together will be up very soon!
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Tokyo-based photographer Yota Yoshida’s “poetic expressions in the everyday”
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know