If you pay attention to the daily goings-on of this website for more than a couple of weeks at a time you’ll be familiar with the fact that we’re pretty partial to the magnificent Andy Rementer. He’s got a rare and unparalleled talent for turning the most mundane subjects into the most exuberantly surreal images, and we freaking love it. We also love comics festivals. Imagine the shrieks of glee that resounded through the studio then, when we discovered that the talented Mr. Rementer has lent his creative hands to the design of this year’s ELCAF identity (that’s the East London Comic Arts Festival).
Beaky snakes, shifty skeletal creatures, a demon bike and some distressed pot-plants make up the identity for the 2013 festivities, and given the joy and frivolity on display at last year’s event, we’re confident these images do ELCAF complete justice. Rementer plus Nobrow equals pure illustrated gold. Now just keep your eyes peeled for more announcements about the line-up in the coming weeks.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine take us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf