If you pay attention to the daily goings-on of this website for more than a couple of weeks at a time you’ll be familiar with the fact that we’re pretty partial to the magnificent Andy Rementer. He’s got a rare and unparalleled talent for turning the most mundane subjects into the most exuberantly surreal images, and we freaking love it. We also love comics festivals. Imagine the shrieks of glee that resounded through the studio then, when we discovered that the talented Mr. Rementer has lent his creative hands to the design of this year’s ELCAF identity (that’s the East London Comic Arts Festival).
Beaky snakes, shifty skeletal creatures, a demon bike and some distressed pot-plants make up the identity for the 2013 festivities, and given the joy and frivolity on display at last year’s event, we’re confident these images do ELCAF complete justice. Rementer plus Nobrow equals pure illustrated gold. Now just keep your eyes peeled for more announcements about the line-up in the coming weeks.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris