Think what you could do in five seconds, not a lot huh? But that’s exactly what makes the mighty Animade’s brand new submission project – Full Secs – quite so magnificent.
A series of 31 light-hearted animations submitted by various talented individuals, the rules are ridiculously simple – create a one second micro film, sandwich it between a title card and an end plate and use original sound throughout. The result – five seconds of animation goodness. You can’t say fairer than that.
With titles including Massive Jugs (a personal favourite), Copy Cat and Robot Love, I doubt you’ll be able to think of much better ways to spend five seconds of your time, no matter how precious yours may be.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label