I don’t know if you’ve seen My Week With Marilyn but I saw it recently, and by the end of it I was pretty much convinced that Marilyn Monroe was alive and well, purely due to Michelle Williams being fantastic. Fashion and culture hoarders AnOther Magazine have taken note of Michelle’s surprisingly underrated brilliance and have whacked her on the cover of their latest issue — four times! Although only one cover will be used in print, in this exclusive release we reveal the four very different alternative covers, each starring the lady herself. These images remind us not just of Michelle’s beauty, but of her consistently diverse acting career. Not many people can swing gracefully from Dawson’s Creek to some of the biggest films of the last decade, but oh, Michelle can.
It’s hard to pick a favourite cover, but the one of her dressed as a kind of grungey native America Indian is pretty sublime. You can Watch a charming interview with Michelle here.
- "Where’s my community?": Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- Jee-ook Choi conveys complex ideas using fine linework and muted colours
- Photographer Mehdi Lacoste on working with Actress
- French designer Victoire Coyon’s understated portfolio
- Unit Editions’ upcoming book on the unparalleled work of Paula Scher
- A creative composite of illustration: ten years of Christoph Ruckhäberle’s Lubok
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label