If you were in a softly lit, pastel-fade coated studio with Christina Ricci – what would you talk to her about? For LA based artist Alex Israel it’s “singing in the shower, choosing a seat on the airplane, and what she would change about the Ten Commandments.” Brilliant. In this strange collection of interviews with a curiously-selected group of diversely-aged LA celebrities, Alex Israel asks them questions that they probably have never been asked before.
Channelling the tongue-in-cheek, deadpan dialogue reminiscent of an early Sacha Baren Cohen, this is a refreshingly hilarious peek into the lives of a strange bunch of individuals. Don’t forget to check out episodes featuring Brett Easton Ellis, Marilyn Manson and Jamie Lee Curtis. So weird.
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- David Wilson directs deeply moving film B.E.N. about using AI robots to tackle loneliness
- Art and About: Charlotte Trounce celebrates the architectural beauty of museums and galleries
- Riikka Laakso’s screenprinted zine is a tribute to Moomin author Tove Jansson
- Sandy Van Helden’s illustrations of contemporary culture
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Juan Aballe’s photographs of pastoral landscapes filled with wanderlust
- Exclusive first interview with new UK Vice.com editor Jamie Clifton