If you were in a softly lit, pastel-fade coated studio with Christina Ricci – what would you talk to her about? For LA based artist Alex Israel it’s “singing in the shower, choosing a seat on the airplane, and what she would change about the Ten Commandments.” Brilliant. In this strange collection of interviews with a curiously-selected group of diversely-aged LA celebrities, Alex Israel asks them questions that they probably have never been asked before.
Channelling the tongue-in-cheek, deadpan dialogue reminiscent of an early Sacha Baren Cohen, this is a refreshingly hilarious peek into the lives of a strange bunch of individuals. Don’t forget to check out episodes featuring Brett Easton Ellis, Marilyn Manson and Jamie Lee Curtis. So weird.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant