If you were in a softly lit, pastel-fade coated studio with Christina Ricci – what would you talk to her about? For LA based artist Alex Israel it’s “singing in the shower, choosing a seat on the airplane, and what she would change about the Ten Commandments.” Brilliant. In this strange collection of interviews with a curiously-selected group of diversely-aged LA celebrities, Alex Israel asks them questions that they probably have never been asked before.
Channelling the tongue-in-cheek, deadpan dialogue reminiscent of an early Sacha Baren Cohen, this is a refreshingly hilarious peek into the lives of a strange bunch of individuals. Don’t forget to check out episodes featuring Brett Easton Ellis, Marilyn Manson and Jamie Lee Curtis. So weird.
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)