Get up, rub the hibernatory winter sleep from your eyes and ring out the bells – summer’s here! But hold on just a minute, what the heck are you going to wear? Those thick winter threads aren’t going to cut it now senor sunshine’s rocked into town. As you were, we’ve got you covered. We’ve teamed up with our pals at ASOS once again to commission these limited edition Hawaiian shirts designed by five of our favourite artists in the entire world. See who we signed up after the jump…
Hawaiian shirts have a rich heritage so we couldn’t just approach any old creative for this collaboration – the weight of quirkily-coloured mayhem was on their shoulders.
So after a lot of deliberation and rumination we settled on Australian mixed media master Jonathan Zawada, London-based Michael Willis who combines pyschadelia and kitsch to devastating effect, effortlessley elegant French designer Mario Hugo and two of Brooklyn’s best – Hisham Bharoocha and Mike Perry.
Let the summer fun commence!
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf