Get up, rub the hibernatory winter sleep from your eyes and ring out the bells – summer’s here! But hold on just a minute, what the heck are you going to wear? Those thick winter threads aren’t going to cut it now senor sunshine’s rocked into town. As you were, we’ve got you covered. We’ve teamed up with our pals at ASOS once again to commission these limited edition Hawaiian shirts designed by five of our favourite artists in the entire world. See who we signed up after the jump…
Hawaiian shirts have a rich heritage so we couldn’t just approach any old creative for this collaboration – the weight of quirkily-coloured mayhem was on their shoulders.
So after a lot of deliberation and rumination we settled on Australian mixed media master Jonathan Zawada, London-based Michael Willis who combines pyschadelia and kitsch to devastating effect, effortlessley elegant French designer Mario Hugo and two of Brooklyn’s best – Hisham Bharoocha and Mike Perry.
Let the summer fun commence!
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)