Get up, rub the hibernatory winter sleep from your eyes and ring out the bells – summer’s here! But hold on just a minute, what the heck are you going to wear? Those thick winter threads aren’t going to cut it now senor sunshine’s rocked into town. As you were, we’ve got you covered. We’ve teamed up with our pals at ASOS once again to commission these limited edition Hawaiian shirts designed by five of our favourite artists in the entire world. See who we signed up after the jump…
Hawaiian shirts have a rich heritage so we couldn’t just approach any old creative for this collaboration – the weight of quirkily-coloured mayhem was on their shoulders.
So after a lot of deliberation and rumination we settled on Australian mixed media master Jonathan Zawada, London-based Michael Willis who combines pyschadelia and kitsch to devastating effect, effortlessley elegant French designer Mario Hugo and two of Brooklyn’s best – Hisham Bharoocha and Mike Perry.
Let the summer fun commence!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages