Vests, once the preserve of office middle managers and overweight Dads on holiday, have undergone quite the transformation over recent years – and my goodness this might help further. With our pals at ASOS, we have commissioned five of our favourite designers to produce five brilliant new designs for these limited-edition vests.
As with our successful previous collaborations with ASOS, this project promises to bring together top quality design and eye-catching gear to create something really special.
Our go-to guys for this were Jack Featherstone, La Boca, Siggi Eggertsson, Hvass & Hannibal and Christopher Gray and as you can see from the pictures they have all brought their own style to bear on these funky armless little numbers.
And everyone who buys a vest not only gets a set of bike stickers, but also gets entered into a draw to win one of five exclusive Foffa fixed wheel bikes, designed by the artists. Wowsers.
- Steph Wilson, DR. ME, Women Who and Benedict Redgrove at Nicer Tuesdays August
- Artist Emily Mae Smith’s pop motifs and witty compositions
- Meet the prop-maker building imaginary boyfriends
- Graphic designer Biba Košmerl takes on organised disorder and what it means to be a true modernist
- Bjenny Montero, an underground hero of melancholic comics
- Animator Hoji Tsuchiya's patchwork video for Japanese singer Uri Nakayama
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August