I’m not going to lie and pretend my knowledge of basketball stretches further than Space Jam, but this basketball video is enough to make you want to find out everything there is to know about this kind of gritty street sport. Stephane Ashpool kindly sent over this fantastic video of, in his words “a poor but very rich soul area here in Paris called Barbes, GoutteD’or” and the basketball that is played on the streets. As well as shots of intimidatingly-good basketball players twisting through green smoke-filled courts, expect some quite beautiful footage of the food and the locals and a great shot of a flaming basketball hoop.
Project by Pigalle Paris, directed by Paul Geusebroek & Stephane Ashpool
- Punk, printing, photography and type - February's Nicer Tuesdays tickets are now on sale!
- Gender politics, feminism and Kanye West – the world according to Vanessa Beecroft
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau