I’m not going to lie and pretend my knowledge of basketball stretches further than Space Jam, but this basketball video is enough to make you want to find out everything there is to know about this kind of gritty street sport. Stephane Ashpool kindly sent over this fantastic video of, in his words “a poor but very rich soul area here in Paris called Barbes, GoutteD’or” and the basketball that is played on the streets. As well as shots of intimidatingly-good basketball players twisting through green smoke-filled courts, expect some quite beautiful footage of the food and the locals and a great shot of a flaming basketball hoop.
Project by Pigalle Paris, directed by Paul Geusebroek & Stephane Ashpool
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- French studio Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round