I’m not going to lie and pretend my knowledge of basketball stretches further than Space Jam, but this basketball video is enough to make you want to find out everything there is to know about this kind of gritty street sport. Stephane Ashpool kindly sent over this fantastic video of, in his words “a poor but very rich soul area here in Paris called Barbes, GoutteD’or” and the basketball that is played on the streets. As well as shots of intimidatingly-good basketball players twisting through green smoke-filled courts, expect some quite beautiful footage of the food and the locals and a great shot of a flaming basketball hoop.
Project by Pigalle Paris, directed by Paul Geusebroek & Stephane Ashpool
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale