Bedow is a graphic design studio run by Perniclas Bedow in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. Founded in 2005, they have expanded to work on a range of business and cultural projects, bagging a shed load of awards in the process. You don’t have to spend much time looking through examples of their work to see why. Bedow’s approach always seems to offer fresh, creative thinking on projects that far too often are designed in humdrum ways, consequentially making whatever Perniclas and his team touch seem inviting, exciting and interesting.
An example of this can be found in their packaging project for Danish brewery, Mikkeller. The label, with its simple, crisp design, is printed with a heat sensitive colour – when the label gets warm the designs adapt, taking on a new graphic form. It’s these little touches that makes Bedow a great creative studio. Top stuff!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?