Where’ve you been hiding Ben Sanders? Until we got a really great little postcard from you a few days ago, we were utterly ignorant of your brilliance. Ben lives in LA, which may explain why his work is infused with mustard sunshine yellows and bright, gleaming reds. Fun and carefree, yet with terrific skills with a paintbrush, Ben is a dreamy mix of commissionable illustrator and full-blown artist. The Olympics poster from year is perhaps one of the best made throughout the duration of that overly long sports fest. Discuss.
You can see some of his work in progress and some really great sketches over here on his blog.
- Envisions, an exhibition breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August