Stop, stare and enjoy folks, because this is about as close as you’re ever likely to get to a luxury yacht – unless you clean one for a living, pilot them on summer charters or you’re an oligarch; all of which seem unlikely. Master of crisp, technical imagery Benedict Redgrove has done all the negotiating, blagging and (naturally) polished camerawork to capture this beautiful aquatic beast in construction so that you – humble bicycle rider and potentially (if you’re lucky) future car owner – can gawp at a luxuriously-crafted plaything for the rich and famous without having to lift a finger.
Is it depressing that you’ll never own one of these crisp, white clippers? Probably not; they’re expensive to maintain and how often do you really have time to sail down to Cannes on the weekend? Still they do look magnificent and it’s hard to hold back that nagging pang of envy.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant