Stop, stare and enjoy folks, because this is about as close as you’re ever likely to get to a luxury yacht – unless you clean one for a living, pilot them on summer charters or you’re an oligarch; all of which seem unlikely. Master of crisp, technical imagery Benedict Redgrove has done all the negotiating, blagging and (naturally) polished camerawork to capture this beautiful aquatic beast in construction so that you – humble bicycle rider and potentially (if you’re lucky) future car owner – can gawp at a luxuriously-crafted plaything for the rich and famous without having to lift a finger.
Is it depressing that you’ll never own one of these crisp, white clippers? Probably not; they’re expensive to maintain and how often do you really have time to sail down to Cannes on the weekend? Still they do look magnificent and it’s hard to hold back that nagging pang of envy.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100