benbenworld is Benoît Bodhuin, a graphic designer and “créateur de caractères” (of the typographic persuasion). His latest update is ZIGZAG, a fun font that aims to break the rhythm of reading by using a rotation of four varieties of each letter in the alphabet, all of which retain the same rounded, loose letter forms.
Much of what Benoît does is equal parts play to colour, succinctly designed so that it stays far from anything gimmicky or trite, experimentally – yet professionally – applied to a range of traditional design media. His portfolio to date proves him to be a progressive designer, so one to keep an eye on for sure.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”