Another week is wrapped up neatly, so as a reward take a gander at this week’s Best of the Web. Making the rounds on the internet over the last seven days is a possible sighting of Banksy in Israel, a user-generated project from Reddit, and a behind-the-scenes look at some gross special effects from Little White Lies. You’re welcome!
A Curate’s Egg gets great answers to some questions that you might be afraid to ask out loud, it’ll be interesting to see how this grows. (Owen)
Raine Allen-Miller, one of our Ones To Watch 2017, is back with (another) stunningly beautiful new music video <3. (Bryony)
Reddit held a collaborative art project where users could place one coloured pixel on a blank canvas every five minutes. It went on for 72 hours and below is the result. (Tim)
So brilliant that TLC want fans to name their new record. There are so many suggestions popping up in my 14-year-old brain. (Lucy)
Whitechapel Gallery has released a short film featuring Phil Jupitus celebrating Eduardo Paolozzi. (Jenny)
Special effects magician Dan Martin takes us on a behind-the-scenes tour of his workshop (below) in this short doc created by Little White Lies. (Beccy)
Mac DeMarco’s new video is so creepy and great! That old dawg. (Lucy)
Don’t Panic has made this satirical ad highlighting the ridiculous 15-minute allotted time for carer visits. (Jenny)
The New York Times looks back on the work of pop artist James Rosenquist (below) who died last week at 83 – he was known for his painted montages of commercial imagery. (Beccy)
Who to follow
Just some great creative types to follow on Instagram. Simple as that m8.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s