Another week of work, life and relationships has passed, so seek solace in this week’s Best of the Web to give you a dose of internet fun. This week’s edition has vintage Ikea catalogues, a chance to explore the top museums via Google Street View and a video of Jeremy Corbyn meeting grime MC, JME. What more do you need?!
Mother NY is trying to empower mums returning to work with a new campaign. (Beccy)
Just found this series on BBC4. Nice insight into Nike’s early days presented by Rory Sutherland. (Will)
More great Ikea puppetry from Jonny & Will. (Jenny)
To celebrate the launch of the Nike Air Max 97 Gold (below), Nike has partnered with London’s Chabuddy G, Kurupt FM and Sneakersnstuff’s very own Mubi Ali. (Julian)
Chelsea are champions of the Premier League. Striker Michy Batshuayi stole a camera from a photographer during the post match celebrations and The Guardian published the pictures. This is a design story of sorts, not just a shameless attempt to mention Chelsea’s fantastic achievement. Did I mention they won the league? (Owen)
Director Aaron Christian has made a wildlife mockumentary studying the creatures of Frieze Art Fair. (Simon)
Surely this wins the internet this week (below). When JME met Jeremy Corbyn. (Jenny)
Who to follow: Register To Vote Special
To begin, if you’re reading this outside the UK or are simply too young to vote, simply marvel in the creativity. If you are eligible to vote though, with the UK general election just a few weeks away, we felt compelled to remind ya’ll to register to vote through the medium of creative work. You have until the 22 May 2017.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s