Another week of work, life and relationships has passed, so seek solace in this week’s Best of the Web to give you a dose of internet fun. This week’s edition has vintage Ikea catalogues, a chance to explore the top museums via Google Street View and a video of Jeremy Corbyn meeting grime MC, JME. What more do you need?!
Mother NY is trying to empower mums returning to work with a new campaign. (Beccy)
Just found this series on BBC4. Nice insight into Nike’s early days presented by Rory Sutherland. (Will)
More great Ikea puppetry from Jonny & Will. (Jenny)
To celebrate the launch of the Nike Air Max 97 Gold (below), Nike has partnered with London’s Chabuddy G, Kurupt FM and Sneakersnstuff’s very own Mubi Ali. (Julian)
Chelsea are champions of the Premier League. Striker Michy Batshuayi stole a camera from a photographer during the post match celebrations and The Guardian published the pictures. This is a design story of sorts, not just a shameless attempt to mention Chelsea’s fantastic achievement. Did I mention they won the league? (Owen)
Director Aaron Christian has made a wildlife mockumentary studying the creatures of Frieze Art Fair. (Simon)
Surely this wins the internet this week (below). When JME met Jeremy Corbyn. (Jenny)
Who to follow: Register To Vote Special
To begin, if you’re reading this outside the UK or are simply too young to vote, simply marvel in the creativity. If you are eligible to vote though, with the UK general election just a few weeks away, we felt compelled to remind ya’ll to register to vote through the medium of creative work. You have until the 22 May 2017.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books