Bianca Wendt is a neighbour of ours (although we only found that out a couple of minutes ago) producing seriously top-notch design, especially in the field of editorial and publishing. With a team that numbers only four, the studio’s output is nothing short of prolific, with three magazines under their creative steer and an abundance of book, branding and self-initiated work to boot.
We’re particularly taken with the creative direction of Viewpoint magazine, a cultural trend publication that explores issues of global significance. The latest issue examines the metamorphosis of the consumer as a result of the global financial crisis, and does so with editorial flair and immaculate design throughout. It’s incredibly refreshing to see such a staid editorial conversation being executed with real visual flair. But if financial crises and beautiful layouts don’t float your boat then there’s also a salacious feature on sexual anxiety (although that’s largely linked to cash-flow too).
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant