Bianca Wendt is a neighbour of ours (although we only found that out a couple of minutes ago) producing seriously top-notch design, especially in the field of editorial and publishing. With a team that numbers only four, the studio’s output is nothing short of prolific, with three magazines under their creative steer and an abundance of book, branding and self-initiated work to boot.
We’re particularly taken with the creative direction of Viewpoint magazine, a cultural trend publication that explores issues of global significance. The latest issue examines the metamorphosis of the consumer as a result of the global financial crisis, and does so with editorial flair and immaculate design throughout. It’s incredibly refreshing to see such a staid editorial conversation being executed with real visual flair. But if financial crises and beautiful layouts don’t float your boat then there’s also a salacious feature on sexual anxiety (although that’s largely linked to cash-flow too).
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine take us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf