Bianca Wendt is a neighbour of ours (although we only found that out a couple of minutes ago) producing seriously top-notch design, especially in the field of editorial and publishing. With a team that numbers only four, the studio’s output is nothing short of prolific, with three magazines under their creative steer and an abundance of book, branding and self-initiated work to boot.
We’re particularly taken with the creative direction of Viewpoint magazine, a cultural trend publication that explores issues of global significance. The latest issue examines the metamorphosis of the consumer as a result of the global financial crisis, and does so with editorial flair and immaculate design throughout. It’s incredibly refreshing to see such a staid editorial conversation being executed with real visual flair. But if financial crises and beautiful layouts don’t float your boat then there’s also a salacious feature on sexual anxiety (although that’s largely linked to cash-flow too).
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)