You can more or less guarantee that everything associated with luxurious food magazine The Gourmand will have an aesthetic that’s equally sophisticated, but these shots for Black Isle Bakery by photographer Lena Emery take the biscuit (yes, pun intended). The bakery, run by Ruth Barry, has taken up residence at KK Outlet for the duration of The Gourmand’s September exhibition to provide the finest tea and cake your discerning palate has ever enjoyed, and to celebrate they’ve launched a new website designed by OK-RM, who also art directed the shoot. These Van Eyck-style renderings of earthy chestnut mushrooms and fresh salmon rolls have got us salivating unreservedly, the arrangements of food on carefully considered backdrops bringing a physicality to something as intangible as flavour.
The Black Isle Bakery will be serving daily at KK Outlet until September 28.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan