You can more or less guarantee that everything associated with luxurious food magazine The Gourmand will have an aesthetic that’s equally sophisticated, but these shots for Black Isle Bakery by photographer Lena Emery take the biscuit (yes, pun intended). The bakery, run by Ruth Barry, has taken up residence at KK Outlet for the duration of The Gourmand’s September exhibition to provide the finest tea and cake your discerning palate has ever enjoyed, and to celebrate they’ve launched a new website designed by OK-RM, who also art directed the shoot. These Van Eyck-style renderings of earthy chestnut mushrooms and fresh salmon rolls have got us salivating unreservedly, the arrangements of food on carefully considered backdrops bringing a physicality to something as intangible as flavour.
The Black Isle Bakery will be serving daily at KK Outlet until September 28.
- Soshiki Hakase directs super cute music video that brings household objects to life
- Hardcore bands, basketball and You Tube experiments – introducing designer and illustrator Sam Bailey
- Is colour subjective? Disegno tests Johannes Itten's colour theory
- The Book of Everyone: customisation isn’t simply slapping a name on a mug
- Photographer Mark Hartman on travelling to Coney Island every day to make his Island series
- Illustrator Lizzy Stewart shares some gems from her bookshelf
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again