From Freud to Salt n Pepa, mankind has long harboured an obsession with sexy times and the psychological mechanics surrounding them. Lust is such an individual experience that it gives free range to creatives looking to produce something erotic, playing as they can with our personal predilections.
So when Amsterdam-based duo Anuschka Blommers and Niels Schumm were approached by new erotic title Baron magazine, they decided to stick with what they know and produced these extraordinary shots of everyday objects somehow transformed into a charged, seductive series.
As Niels explains: “We didn’t want to shoot erotics in a real way, as we’re not so specialised in this skill. Normal objects though are much more in our area, so we looked more in this direction. It’s nice that people think they are perverts looking at these boring still-lifes. ”
The magazine launched this week and describes itself on the website thus: "Enter Baron, The Erotic Paperback Magazine for gentlemen and ladies who enjoy a cocktail, chit chatting about modern art, fine dressing and when the lights faint and the gin runs out, become connoisseurs at taking their companion into bed. "
It’s got a top line-up of creative talent on board and some eye-popping articles on things I couldn’t mention on a family website…
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant