It’s not often that Hollywood offers newcomers the chance to join the prestigious ranks of their glamorous world. It’s a pretty closed community out there in the California hills, but for the second time in two years a selection of young, talented film-makers (that’s you guys, by the way) are being offered the opportunity to have their films made by some Hollywood greats and screened at the Tribeca Film Festival 2014.
The Bombay Sappphire Imagination Series Film competition is in its second year – a selection of last year’s winners can be seen below – and this time the judges and script-writers are Oscar winning; with a script from Geoffrey Fletcher and judging from the excellent Adrien Brody. All you have to do to enter is read Geoffrey’s script and reimagine it in whatever way you see fit. The judging panel will then select the five most promising scripts to be produced and screened at Tribeca 2014. The deadline is August 4 2013, so you best get on it!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations