There’s a special seated area in heaven reserved for the unsung heroes of internet hilarity. On one of those seats, on the right hand of the throne of Cassetteboy is Chris Lohr, who has brought us Youtube sensation remixes such as best cry ever – sad autotune mix, Gingers have soul autotune music and now, his pièce de résistance, Breaking Bad Remix seasons 1 & 2 which is surely one of the greatest examples of what happens when pop culture gets fed through the sweaty clutches of the internet and spat out as something much funnier and cooler.
I suppose, as with a lot of these sharable memes, you may not enjoy this as much if you haven’t yet seen the genius that is Breaking Bad but the chances are that unless you’ve been living in a cave with no access to illegal streaming facilities, you probably have.
- Illustrator Rob Flowers shares his treasure trove of books
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio