The words “annual report” conjure up images of grey men in grey suits compiling charts and graphs on grey paper ready to be distributed to grey clients in a decidedly grey world. Pretty darned grey – and I can’t be the only one that thinks this. There must be thousands of offices worldwide churning out these drab documents every year.
International lighting giants Zumtobel have clearly gotten wise to this phobia of tedious corporate documents and decided to buck the trend, commissioning Brighten the Corners and Anish Kapoor (no big deal) to produce a sensationally designed double-volume that utilises no less than ten overlaid neon inks. Take that grey!
In one volume, the meat of the report is discussed – the highs, the lows, the challenges overcome – and in the second we’re treated to an explosion of neon solar flares that leap from the page. We’re at a loss as to how this magnificent volume was printed, suffice to say whoever was responsible knows their Heidelberg inside out. Incredible work from everyone involved. Now let’s just hope more annual reports start to look this good.
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Daily Dialogue’s minimal designs for its eclectic mix of clients
- Have “artisanal” brands and “craft” branding had their day?
- 15 years of doing it in public: Moment Factory’s “school of infinite amazement”
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)