The advertising industry’s annual Cannes shindig is well under way now and with the coveted Lions now being handed out. The first couple of days have thrown up an interesting array of campaigns and creative projects to scoop the Grand Prix awards.
The Outdoor category saw Jung von Matt’s eye-catchingly clever Invisible Drive for Mercedes (above) honoured along with Ogily Shanghai’s Cokehands posters while in the PR category there was a surprise win for JWT’s musical-based campaign for a Puerto Rican bank and BBH won Creative Effectiveness for it’s Even Angels Will Fall campaign for Lynx/Axe.
Grow Interactive’s campaign to reimagine the Coca Cola hill via Google won the first ever mobile category, Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s Small Business Saturday won the Direct and Promo categories and Manning Gottleib OMD’s work for Google Voice Search took top billing in the media section.
See the winners below and we’ll update again on the goings-on in Cannes later in the week.
Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix Winner: Axe Excite
Direct/Promo Grand Prix Winner: Small business Saturday
PR Grand Prix Winner: The Most Popular Song
Mobile Grand Prix Winner: Hilltop Reimagined for Coca Cola
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August