The advertising industry’s annual Cannes shindig is well under way now and with the coveted Lions now being handed out. The first couple of days have thrown up an interesting array of campaigns and creative projects to scoop the Grand Prix awards.
The Outdoor category saw Jung von Matt’s eye-catchingly clever Invisible Drive for Mercedes (above) honoured along with Ogily Shanghai’s Cokehands posters while in the PR category there was a surprise win for JWT’s musical-based campaign for a Puerto Rican bank and BBH won Creative Effectiveness for it’s Even Angels Will Fall campaign for Lynx/Axe.
Grow Interactive’s campaign to reimagine the Coca Cola hill via Google won the first ever mobile category, Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s Small Business Saturday won the Direct and Promo categories and Manning Gottleib OMD’s work for Google Voice Search took top billing in the media section.
See the winners below and we’ll update again on the goings-on in Cannes later in the week.
Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix Winner: Axe Excite
Direct/Promo Grand Prix Winner: Small business Saturday
PR Grand Prix Winner: The Most Popular Song
Mobile Grand Prix Winner: Hilltop Reimagined for Coca Cola
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs