The advertising industry’s annual Cannes shindig is well under way now and with the coveted Lions now being handed out. The first couple of days have thrown up an interesting array of campaigns and creative projects to scoop the Grand Prix awards.
The Outdoor category saw Jung von Matt’s eye-catchingly clever Invisible Drive for Mercedes (above) honoured along with Ogily Shanghai’s Cokehands posters while in the PR category there was a surprise win for JWT’s musical-based campaign for a Puerto Rican bank and BBH won Creative Effectiveness for it’s Even Angels Will Fall campaign for Lynx/Axe.
Grow Interactive’s campaign to reimagine the Coca Cola hill via Google won the first ever mobile category, Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s Small Business Saturday won the Direct and Promo categories and Manning Gottleib OMD’s work for Google Voice Search took top billing in the media section.
See the winners below and we’ll update again on the goings-on in Cannes later in the week.
Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix Winner: Axe Excite
Direct/Promo Grand Prix Winner: Small business Saturday
PR Grand Prix Winner: The Most Popular Song
Mobile Grand Prix Winner: Hilltop Reimagined for Coca Cola
- Exclusive: Watch Will Robson-Scott’s new film “God Loves Ugly”
- An exclusive first look inside the next issue of Hero
- Koln Studio's new website displays their extensive and inventive graphic design
- Printed Pages AW16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Giuliano Buttafuoco depicts character through bright colours and sparse details
- Issue two of Pollen magazine explores this “creaturely life”
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity