The advertising industry’s annual Cannes shindig is well under way now and with the coveted Lions now being handed out. The first couple of days have thrown up an interesting array of campaigns and creative projects to scoop the Grand Prix awards.
The Outdoor category saw Jung von Matt’s eye-catchingly clever Invisible Drive for Mercedes (above) honoured along with Ogily Shanghai’s Cokehands posters while in the PR category there was a surprise win for JWT’s musical-based campaign for a Puerto Rican bank and BBH won Creative Effectiveness for it’s Even Angels Will Fall campaign for Lynx/Axe.
Grow Interactive’s campaign to reimagine the Coca Cola hill via Google won the first ever mobile category, Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s Small Business Saturday won the Direct and Promo categories and Manning Gottleib OMD’s work for Google Voice Search took top billing in the media section.
See the winners below and we’ll update again on the goings-on in Cannes later in the week.
Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix Winner: Axe Excite
Direct/Promo Grand Prix Winner: Small business Saturday
PR Grand Prix Winner: The Most Popular Song
Mobile Grand Prix Winner: Hilltop Reimagined for Coca Cola
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100