The advertising industry’s annual Cannes shindig is well under way now and with the coveted Lions now being handed out. The first couple of days have thrown up an interesting array of campaigns and creative projects to scoop the Grand Prix awards.
The Outdoor category saw Jung von Matt’s eye-catchingly clever Invisible Drive for Mercedes (above) honoured along with Ogily Shanghai’s Cokehands posters while in the PR category there was a surprise win for JWT’s musical-based campaign for a Puerto Rican bank and BBH won Creative Effectiveness for it’s Even Angels Will Fall campaign for Lynx/Axe.
Grow Interactive’s campaign to reimagine the Coca Cola hill via Google won the first ever mobile category, Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s Small Business Saturday won the Direct and Promo categories and Manning Gottleib OMD’s work for Google Voice Search took top billing in the media section.
See the winners below and we’ll update again on the goings-on in Cannes later in the week.
Creative Effectiveness Grand Prix Winner: Axe Excite
Direct/Promo Grand Prix Winner: Small business Saturday
PR Grand Prix Winner: The Most Popular Song
Mobile Grand Prix Winner: Hilltop Reimagined for Coca Cola
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"