In honour of the relaunch of Carl Burgess’ More Soon site (the home of his team’s phenomenal work) I’ve gone through and watched every single piece of film and 3D animation to choose the “best bit” to post today. I’ve seen in-store visuals for Prada, a stunning collaboration with Jonathan Zawada, Thomas Traum, Tom Darracott and Pharell Williams, re-watched his video for Ratatat’s Drugs and enjoyed some lovely fashion films for Kenzo.
But then I realised we’ve never posted his video for Slayer’s Beauty Through Order which, despite being a good few years old, still blows my mind. 1000 litres of black treacle, bright orange flames and a spot of mildly gratuitous nudity – plus Carl destroyed an extremely expensive motorbike with syrup in the testing process for this film. What’s not to love? In all honesty though, every piece of work on Carl’s site is worth checking out – this is one incredibly talented guy.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language