There was a lot of (loud) talk when the official posters for the 2012 games were not the efforts of the UKs finest graphic designers, but Vaughn Oliver and Jonathan Barnbrook have gone some way to right that wrong. Having dialled up Neville Brody, Alan Kitching, Marina Willer, Morag Myserscough along with top agencies like Graphic Thought Facility and Why Not Associates, the pair curated a selection of posters which will go on display next week at CSM’s Lethaby Gallery. Those invited to take part make for interesting insights into how our top designers are engaging with London’s big moment.
Fit runs at the Lethaby Gallery, Central St Martins from July 2 to July 9 before transferring to the Window Gallery until June 30.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"