Early morning, prising your eyes open, you reach into your clothes drawers and pull out those cycling shorts. No, it is not sleep deprived eyes tricking you, they really are that small and you really will have to squeeze your resistant limbs into them. Some can pull it off; those fully covered lycra bodies speeding on their bicycles, but let’s face it, under a dress or fitted jeans, that extra padding ain’t so svelte.
But women cyclists worldwide listen up because product designer Christiana Guzman may have just solved all our comfort cycling woes with her fantastic product Chamois Panties. As Christiana stated herself, she wanted to create “stylish, thoughtful products for urban cyclists and everyday commuters.” And we think she’s done it with this snazzy underwear. They are basically pretty great looking knickers with a foam insert – less of the bulk, all of the comfort. Vintage inspired and called things like The Bettie or The Brigitte, they have been a complete winner with all of the female cyclists in the It’s Nice That studio. They’ve also smashed their Kickstarter target in a couple of short weeks; now, when can we get a pair?
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- “It's not overly-shiny ‘render porn’ — it's got soul”: Margot Bowman on her new film for River Island
- Vogue interior photographer François Halard’s personal polaroids
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages