Early morning, prising your eyes open, you reach into your clothes drawers and pull out those cycling shorts. No, it is not sleep deprived eyes tricking you, they really are that small and you really will have to squeeze your resistant limbs into them. Some can pull it off; those fully covered lycra bodies speeding on their bicycles, but let’s face it, under a dress or fitted jeans, that extra padding ain’t so svelte.
But women cyclists worldwide listen up because product designer Christiana Guzman may have just solved all our comfort cycling woes with her fantastic product Chamois Panties. As Christiana stated herself, she wanted to create “stylish, thoughtful products for urban cyclists and everyday commuters.” And we think she’s done it with this snazzy underwear. They are basically pretty great looking knickers with a foam insert – less of the bulk, all of the comfort. Vintage inspired and called things like The Bettie or The Brigitte, they have been a complete winner with all of the female cyclists in the It’s Nice That studio. They’ve also smashed their Kickstarter target in a couple of short weeks; now, when can we get a pair?
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?