Photographer and filmmaker Chris Floyd has leant his sweet and easy cinematic eye to a number of short films for mens fashion destination, Mr Porter. The series called The Way I Dress watches from a cool distance as men with style, not just fashion, dress themselves.
The voice overs are pleasingly non-annoying and seeing as these are real men with real interests and are interesting, it’s as much an insight into their world as it is their wardrobe. Top of the lot is two minutes 49 seconds with Mr Waris Ahluwalia, a designer and actor who speaks in mellifluous accents about nothing in particular but makes it sound like everything.
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale