Photographer and filmmaker Chris Floyd has leant his sweet and easy cinematic eye to a number of short films for mens fashion destination, Mr Porter. The series called The Way I Dress watches from a cool distance as men with style, not just fashion, dress themselves.
The voice overs are pleasingly non-annoying and seeing as these are real men with real interests and are interesting, it’s as much an insight into their world as it is their wardrobe. Top of the lot is two minutes 49 seconds with Mr Waris Ahluwalia, a designer and actor who speaks in mellifluous accents about nothing in particular but makes it sound like everything.
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio