French onion soup with fresh thyme and gruyère cheese; a light coconut crȇpe, wrapped around halibut delicately poached in truffle butter followed by forest foraged ramp risotto topped with prosciutto and dusted with fresh parmesan. Still hungry? How about some crack pie with milk ice cream balanced on a vanilla tuile followed by a French canelé with a malt barley and hazelnut latté?
Think alluring Marks and Spencer’s advert inspired by Heston Blumenthal, redesigned by Willy Wonka and then poured into a can and you will get to the designer Chris Godfrey’s new, slightly stomach churning product, All In One. This 12 course meal in a can is a thing of beauty, shimmering in its gelatinous way, each course pushing the boundaries of the putrid that little bit further.
“It offers the Average Joe the chance to dine like royalty without the washing up,” Chris explains, the ingenious idea behind the product an attempt to confront everyday consumerism. With All in One you not only buy one and get eleven free, battling those notorious supermarket selling tactics, but you also gain a luxury time-resistant edible ready to be stored at the back of the cupboard until the Baked Beans run out.
Just one of Chris’ many ingenious, aesthetically delectable designs, All in One has definitely got our tastebuds going but his whole portfolio is well worth a look, especially his book designed to redress the world’s inherent predisposition towards right-handers.
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Friday Mixtape: Robbie Simon's mix for a party at 9am, with no end in sight
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s