It may very nearly be Christmas but until now festive spirit in the It’s Nice That studio hasn’t moved much beyond Christmas Gifs, Luke Stephenson’s excellent photographs of Santas in their grottos and steadily increasingly our daily food intake in preparation for the 25th.
So we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves thoroughly enjoying this festive collection; Present & Correct posted a bunch of Christmas travel posters from the 1960s ad 1970s, some of which were sourced from their own plentiful archive, and some from the Vintage Poster Blog. The posters are both festive without being covered in saccharine snowflakes, and retro without making us want to down a pint of sherry and then slowly descend into oblivion in the corner. Thanks chaps!
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf