It may very nearly be Christmas but until now festive spirit in the It’s Nice That studio hasn’t moved much beyond Christmas Gifs, Luke Stephenson’s excellent photographs of Santas in their grottos and steadily increasingly our daily food intake in preparation for the 25th.
So we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves thoroughly enjoying this festive collection; Present & Correct posted a bunch of Christmas travel posters from the 1960s ad 1970s, some of which were sourced from their own plentiful archive, and some from the Vintage Poster Blog. The posters are both festive without being covered in saccharine snowflakes, and retro without making us want to down a pint of sherry and then slowly descend into oblivion in the corner. Thanks chaps!
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)