It may very nearly be Christmas but until now festive spirit in the It’s Nice That studio hasn’t moved much beyond Christmas Gifs, Luke Stephenson’s excellent photographs of Santas in their grottos and steadily increasingly our daily food intake in preparation for the 25th.
So we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves thoroughly enjoying this festive collection; Present & Correct posted a bunch of Christmas travel posters from the 1960s ad 1970s, some of which were sourced from their own plentiful archive, and some from the Vintage Poster Blog. The posters are both festive without being covered in saccharine snowflakes, and retro without making us want to down a pint of sherry and then slowly descend into oblivion in the corner. Thanks chaps!
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich