It’s good to know that if Mogwai were to curate a festival, they’d have the Vengaboys playing at it. Christopher Wright “hassled” famous bands and musicians to tell him their dream line-ups so he could make fantasy festival posters for them. It’s a great project. In fact, pretty much all of Christopher’s projects are amazing. His work looks like the Beano if the illustrators of the Beano were dirty, stoned, 14-year-old boys, so basically Viz but with more spliffs.
Having started his career in Bristol, a lot of his fantastic poster designs are for gigs, nights and pubs in that area and he’s become a bit of a household name in the last few weeks in London as his Sports Cheeses poster he made with Richie Moment was easily the most talked-about project at this year’s Pick Me Up. His work goes far beyond puns though, he’s genuinely an incredible draughtsman and designer, and we’re big fans.
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf