It’s good to know that if Mogwai were to curate a festival, they’d have the Vengaboys playing at it. Christopher Wright “hassled” famous bands and musicians to tell him their dream line-ups so he could make fantasy festival posters for them. It’s a great project. In fact, pretty much all of Christopher’s projects are amazing. His work looks like the Beano if the illustrators of the Beano were dirty, stoned, 14-year-old boys, so basically Viz but with more spliffs.
Having started his career in Bristol, a lot of his fantastic poster designs are for gigs, nights and pubs in that area and he’s become a bit of a household name in the last few weeks in London as his Sports Cheeses poster he made with Richie Moment was easily the most talked-about project at this year’s Pick Me Up. His work goes far beyond puns though, he’s genuinely an incredible draughtsman and designer, and we’re big fans.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"