It’s good to know that if Mogwai were to curate a festival, they’d have the Vengaboys playing at it. Christopher Wright “hassled” famous bands and musicians to tell him their dream line-ups so he could make fantasy festival posters for them. It’s a great project. In fact, pretty much all of Christopher’s projects are amazing. His work looks like the Beano if the illustrators of the Beano were dirty, stoned, 14-year-old boys, so basically Viz but with more spliffs.
Having started his career in Bristol, a lot of his fantastic poster designs are for gigs, nights and pubs in that area and he’s become a bit of a household name in the last few weeks in London as his Sports Cheeses poster he made with Richie Moment was easily the most talked-about project at this year’s Pick Me Up. His work goes far beyond puns though, he’s genuinely an incredible draughtsman and designer, and we’re big fans.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?