It’s good to know that if Mogwai were to curate a festival, they’d have the Vengaboys playing at it. Christopher Wright “hassled” famous bands and musicians to tell him their dream line-ups so he could make fantasy festival posters for them. It’s a great project. In fact, pretty much all of Christopher’s projects are amazing. His work looks like the Beano if the illustrators of the Beano were dirty, stoned, 14-year-old boys, so basically Viz but with more spliffs.
Having started his career in Bristol, a lot of his fantastic poster designs are for gigs, nights and pubs in that area and he’s become a bit of a household name in the last few weeks in London as his Sports Cheeses poster he made with Richie Moment was easily the most talked-about project at this year’s Pick Me Up. His work goes far beyond puns though, he’s genuinely an incredible draughtsman and designer, and we’re big fans.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”