When I plunge into a pool of water chances are that any attempt at an underwater mugshot would be unlikely to catch me at my finest, let alone capture an image that could be in any way described as beautiful. In fact far far from it which may be why I find Christy Lee Rogers’ latest exhibit, Reckless Unbound quite so impressive. Capturing a barrage of bodies submerged in tropical Hawaiian waters in the dead of the night, Christy’s photographs are seriously beautiful.
But if bright colours, entangled limbs and just the right amount of abstraction doesn’t already have your heart racing with excitement, pretty incredibly Christy avoids all post-production manipulation and therefore the images laid before your eyes are simply the sole result of what was captured on the camera that very night. Pretty cool eh?
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"