Ooooh this is fun! Lots of palm-tree leaves, tropical colours and androgynous women make up the fun-filled designs of Confetti, a Melbourne-based design studio. Confetti have the ability to put the energy and excitement seen in their design for album covers, such as their eye-popping work for Midlife, and whack it straight into their magazine design like it’s no big thing. Photographing well-designed things beautifully is definitely a bonus, but these guys (Tomas Shanahan and Kevin McDowell) are truly doing something exciting and fresh with the design itself.
They say: “We consult and design identity & branding, art direct & design magazines, books, editorial projects, bespoke display typefaces, posters, music packaging, video & motion graphics, websites and mobile applications, spacial installations, sound design and live art.”
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"