Ooooh this is fun! Lots of palm-tree leaves, tropical colours and androgynous women make up the fun-filled designs of Confetti, a Melbourne-based design studio. Confetti have the ability to put the energy and excitement seen in their design for album covers, such as their eye-popping work for Midlife, and whack it straight into their magazine design like it’s no big thing. Photographing well-designed things beautifully is definitely a bonus, but these guys (Tomas Shanahan and Kevin McDowell) are truly doing something exciting and fresh with the design itself.
They say: “We consult and design identity & branding, art direct & design magazines, books, editorial projects, bespoke display typefaces, posters, music packaging, video & motion graphics, websites and mobile applications, spacial installations, sound design and live art.”
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs