Ooooh this is fun! Lots of palm-tree leaves, tropical colours and androgynous women make up the fun-filled designs of Confetti, a Melbourne-based design studio. Confetti have the ability to put the energy and excitement seen in their design for album covers, such as their eye-popping work for Midlife, and whack it straight into their magazine design like it’s no big thing. Photographing well-designed things beautifully is definitely a bonus, but these guys (Tomas Shanahan and Kevin McDowell) are truly doing something exciting and fresh with the design itself.
They say: “We consult and design identity & branding, art direct & design magazines, books, editorial projects, bespoke display typefaces, posters, music packaging, video & motion graphics, websites and mobile applications, spacial installations, sound design and live art.”
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages