Ooooh this is fun! Lots of palm-tree leaves, tropical colours and androgynous women make up the fun-filled designs of Confetti, a Melbourne-based design studio. Confetti have the ability to put the energy and excitement seen in their design for album covers, such as their eye-popping work for Midlife, and whack it straight into their magazine design like it’s no big thing. Photographing well-designed things beautifully is definitely a bonus, but these guys (Tomas Shanahan and Kevin McDowell) are truly doing something exciting and fresh with the design itself.
They say: “We consult and design identity & branding, art direct & design magazines, books, editorial projects, bespoke display typefaces, posters, music packaging, video & motion graphics, websites and mobile applications, spacial installations, sound design and live art.”
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood