Cristoph Niemann’s work is silently ubiquitous. Well known for Abstract City, an opinion column he ran (until recently) for the New York Times, Niemann now creates Abstract Sunday – a blog that mirrors the content of Abstract City in illustrative form (Let it Dough and the recent To Run or Not to Run are particular favourites). Better news, for all of us, is that Niemann’s work regularly graces covers elsewhere (pictured is The New Yorker’s most recent issue), and right it should.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again