If you had to name magazines at the vanguard of the independent publishing movement then it’s likely Huck and Little White Lies would feature highly on your list. Now Danny Miller, Rob Longworth, Paul Willoughby and Alex Capes are stepping away from designing these titles – but with quite the proposed parting gift.
Curious Iconic Craft will be a limited edition book packed with insights into how these two titles have been put together over recent years, a goldmine for anyone interested in magazine design. As Rob and Paul say in their Kickstarter video: “We want to celebrate the last eight years by giving away everything we’ve learned,” rather than having it all “locked away in the reference folders on our server.”
The book will be produced under the Human After All name, the new agency the quartet have founded and promises the high quality design values with which their previous publications were associated.. Even if this isn’t for you, the video is worth a watch to see the outtakes as Paul and Rob struggle with their lines…
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant