If you had to name magazines at the vanguard of the independent publishing movement then it’s likely Huck and Little White Lies would feature highly on your list. Now Danny Miller, Rob Longworth, Paul Willoughby and Alex Capes are stepping away from designing these titles – but with quite the proposed parting gift.
Curious Iconic Craft will be a limited edition book packed with insights into how these two titles have been put together over recent years, a goldmine for anyone interested in magazine design. As Rob and Paul say in their Kickstarter video: “We want to celebrate the last eight years by giving away everything we’ve learned,” rather than having it all “locked away in the reference folders on our server.”
The book will be produced under the Human After All name, the new agency the quartet have founded and promises the high quality design values with which their previous publications were associated.. Even if this isn’t for you, the video is worth a watch to see the outtakes as Paul and Rob struggle with their lines…
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100