If you had to name magazines at the vanguard of the independent publishing movement then it’s likely Huck and Little White Lies would feature highly on your list. Now Danny Miller, Rob Longworth, Paul Willoughby and Alex Capes are stepping away from designing these titles – but with quite the proposed parting gift.
Curious Iconic Craft will be a limited edition book packed with insights into how these two titles have been put together over recent years, a goldmine for anyone interested in magazine design. As Rob and Paul say in their Kickstarter video: “We want to celebrate the last eight years by giving away everything we’ve learned,” rather than having it all “locked away in the reference folders on our server.”
The book will be produced under the Human After All name, the new agency the quartet have founded and promises the high quality design values with which their previous publications were associated.. Even if this isn’t for you, the video is worth a watch to see the outtakes as Paul and Rob struggle with their lines…
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations