If you had to name magazines at the vanguard of the independent publishing movement then it’s likely Huck and Little White Lies would feature highly on your list. Now Danny Miller, Rob Longworth, Paul Willoughby and Alex Capes are stepping away from designing these titles – but with quite the proposed parting gift.
Curious Iconic Craft will be a limited edition book packed with insights into how these two titles have been put together over recent years, a goldmine for anyone interested in magazine design. As Rob and Paul say in their Kickstarter video: “We want to celebrate the last eight years by giving away everything we’ve learned,” rather than having it all “locked away in the reference folders on our server.”
The book will be produced under the Human After All name, the new agency the quartet have founded and promises the high quality design values with which their previous publications were associated.. Even if this isn’t for you, the video is worth a watch to see the outtakes as Paul and Rob struggle with their lines…
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"