The second issue of The Anonymous Sex Journal winged its way to the It’s Nice That studio this week and tickled us pink (part delight, part blushing). On this occasion Alex Tieghi-Walker’s labour of love (well, lust) concentrates on people’s first times and brings together 33 funny, poignant and honest accounts of guys and girls reaching this much-vaunted milestone. The best ones become strange little poems a la Tim Key, forming perfect snapshots of suburban fumbles. Take my personal favourite number 11 for example: “I found it hard to concentrate when I was losing my virginity, as I could hear my friend snorting vodka off a plate outside the bedroom window.”
For the visuals Alex commissioned the brilliant Damien Cuypers to react to this weird and wonderful collection of tales and Damien stepped up and then some with a pitch-perfect set of visual accompaniments to this most intimate selection of stories.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale