The second issue of The Anonymous Sex Journal winged its way to the It’s Nice That studio this week and tickled us pink (part delight, part blushing). On this occasion Alex Tieghi-Walker’s labour of love (well, lust) concentrates on people’s first times and brings together 33 funny, poignant and honest accounts of guys and girls reaching this much-vaunted milestone. The best ones become strange little poems a la Tim Key, forming perfect snapshots of suburban fumbles. Take my personal favourite number 11 for example: “I found it hard to concentrate when I was losing my virginity, as I could hear my friend snorting vodka off a plate outside the bedroom window.”
For the visuals Alex commissioned the brilliant Damien Cuypers to react to this weird and wonderful collection of tales and Damien stepped up and then some with a pitch-perfect set of visual accompaniments to this most intimate selection of stories.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos