The birth of any new technology means, sometimes inevitably, the death of its precursor. Or does it? Last year, Think TV commissioned a six-part documentary series meant to explore the future of television as a viable media outlet now other platforms – namely, the internet – seem to be running the show. Interviewees included a broad range of clued-up “business leaders” and “industry luminaries”, all of whom added to the collective assertion that television, at least for now, is safe.
Think TV are back with a second series, The New TV Landscape, which again looks to industry leaders for insight into a dramatically changing industry. Want to hear effortlessly cool Wieden + Kennedy co-founder Dan Wieden talk about “interactive campfires”? Sure you do.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August