Not often does a photographer’s entire back-catalogue of images hit you harder in the face than that of Dana Lixenberg’s. We were bewitched by her work just by the image of the pink curtain flying out into a garden in her “Set Amsterdam” series, but to find out that she has taken some of the most extraordinary portraits of people ranging from Tupac to Taryn Simon to Biggie Smalls is just phenomenal. The Michelangelo-esque shot of P Diddy that captures him sprawled in a fancy hotel, God-like, surrounded by old school mobile phones and remote controls is perhaps one of the best celebrity photographs I have ever come across.
With aesthetics that are almost the visual love-child of Hitchock and Lynch, Dana’s images are vivid to the point of terrifying.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)