For our third instalment of excellent video content from our sparkly brand new dedicated site First Broadcast, we have David Lane and Marina Tweed of The Gourmand as part of our Between the Lines series, in which we interview some of our favourite names in publishing.
Not only do David and Marina allow us a peek into their beautiful home, and discuss the pros and cons of running a food-based publication from home (pros: inviting chefs round to cook dinner at editorial meetings, cons: the smell of freshly printed magazines, which apparently loses its novelty when you have a hundred boxes stacked in your living room), but they also introduce Peter, their cat, and his role in the very exciting brand new publication which they are soon to launch, which they announce exclusively in the film…
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The mesmerising graphic design of mid-century typewriter manufacturer Olivetti
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"