2014 is a big year for Cape Town. Not only does it follow Helsinki as World Design Capital, but its flagship festival of creativity Design Indaba celebrates its 20th anniversary. And so we are delighted to announce that It’s Nice That has joined forces as a media partner for this year’s conference, generally regarded as one of the most inspirational around.
Editor-in-Chief Rob Alderson will be heading out to the conference at the end of February to report on the goings-on and to interview some of the stellar line-up of speakers, which this year includes Stefan Sagmeister, Thomas Heatherwick and Lauren Beukes. With more than 20 nationalities represented on the bill and an emphasis on presentations which go beyond the traditional conference format, it’s sure to be an exciting and enlightening few days.
Tickets are still available for the Design Indaba conference which takes place from 26 February to the 28 – visit the website for more information. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Cape Town!
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf