2014 is a big year for Cape Town. Not only does it follow Helsinki as World Design Capital, but its flagship festival of creativity Design Indaba celebrates its 20th anniversary. And so we are delighted to announce that It’s Nice That has joined forces as a media partner for this year’s conference, generally regarded as one of the most inspirational around.
Editor-in-Chief Rob Alderson will be heading out to the conference at the end of February to report on the goings-on and to interview some of the stellar line-up of speakers, which this year includes Stefan Sagmeister, Thomas Heatherwick and Lauren Beukes. With more than 20 nationalities represented on the bill and an emphasis on presentations which go beyond the traditional conference format, it’s sure to be an exciting and enlightening few days.
Tickets are still available for the Design Indaba conference which takes place from 26 February to the 28 – visit the website for more information. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Cape Town!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant