2014 is a big year for Cape Town. Not only does it follow Helsinki as World Design Capital, but its flagship festival of creativity Design Indaba celebrates its 20th anniversary. And so we are delighted to announce that It’s Nice That has joined forces as a media partner for this year’s conference, generally regarded as one of the most inspirational around.
Editor-in-Chief Rob Alderson will be heading out to the conference at the end of February to report on the goings-on and to interview some of the stellar line-up of speakers, which this year includes Stefan Sagmeister, Thomas Heatherwick and Lauren Beukes. With more than 20 nationalities represented on the bill and an emphasis on presentations which go beyond the traditional conference format, it’s sure to be an exciting and enlightening few days.
Tickets are still available for the Design Indaba conference which takes place from 26 February to the 28 – visit the website for more information. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Cape Town!
- Take the Jack Sachs animated tour of the Tate Britain, and meet his odd CG characters along the way
- The effortlessly lovely hand-drawn illustrations of Paula Bulling
- Kii Monroe Arens' delicious gig posters
- Alex Paulus’ paintings are full of misshapen characters in odd situations
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- Carmel Buckley and Mark Harris dissect the album covers of calypso singer Mighty Sparrow
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich