2014 is a big year for Cape Town. Not only does it follow Helsinki as World Design Capital, but its flagship festival of creativity Design Indaba celebrates its 20th anniversary. And so we are delighted to announce that It’s Nice That has joined forces as a media partner for this year’s conference, generally regarded as one of the most inspirational around.
Editor-in-Chief Rob Alderson will be heading out to the conference at the end of February to report on the goings-on and to interview some of the stellar line-up of speakers, which this year includes Stefan Sagmeister, Thomas Heatherwick and Lauren Beukes. With more than 20 nationalities represented on the bill and an emphasis on presentations which go beyond the traditional conference format, it’s sure to be an exciting and enlightening few days.
Tickets are still available for the Design Indaba conference which takes place from 26 February to the 28 – visit the website for more information. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Cape Town!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August