We were thrilled to see Letter to Jane nominated in the Designs of the Year digital category. Editor Tim Moore creates his stand out iPad-only publication with a zine mentality and price-tag to match yet the editorial content and visual contributions from the likes of Yoko Ono and Hedi Slimane is anything but cheap. It has fast become an exemplary independent digital publishing platform for artists, showcasing their creativity “without compromise” with spot-on online content to go with.
Also nominated was the my-future-children-will-laugh-at-me-for-thinking-this-is-weird Korean Tesco virtual store and the ingenious Face Substitution tech-wizadry by Arturo Castro and Kyle McDonald. Plus a couple pieces we picked up on the site last year: the Guardian iPad app and United Visual Artist’s installation at the National Maritime Museum, High Arctic.
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100