We were thrilled to see Letter to Jane nominated in the Designs of the Year digital category. Editor Tim Moore creates his stand out iPad-only publication with a zine mentality and price-tag to match yet the editorial content and visual contributions from the likes of Yoko Ono and Hedi Slimane is anything but cheap. It has fast become an exemplary independent digital publishing platform for artists, showcasing their creativity “without compromise” with spot-on online content to go with.
Also nominated was the my-future-children-will-laugh-at-me-for-thinking-this-is-weird Korean Tesco virtual store and the ingenious Face Substitution tech-wizadry by Arturo Castro and Kyle McDonald. Plus a couple pieces we picked up on the site last year: the Guardian iPad app and United Visual Artist’s installation at the National Maritime Museum, High Arctic.
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant