We were thrilled to see Letter to Jane nominated in the Designs of the Year digital category. Editor Tim Moore creates his stand out iPad-only publication with a zine mentality and price-tag to match yet the editorial content and visual contributions from the likes of Yoko Ono and Hedi Slimane is anything but cheap. It has fast become an exemplary independent digital publishing platform for artists, showcasing their creativity “without compromise” with spot-on online content to go with.
Also nominated was the my-future-children-will-laugh-at-me-for-thinking-this-is-weird Korean Tesco virtual store and the ingenious Face Substitution tech-wizadry by Arturo Castro and Kyle McDonald. Plus a couple pieces we picked up on the site last year: the Guardian iPad app and United Visual Artist’s installation at the National Maritime Museum, High Arctic.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”