We were thrilled to see Letter to Jane nominated in the Designs of the Year digital category. Editor Tim Moore creates his stand out iPad-only publication with a zine mentality and price-tag to match yet the editorial content and visual contributions from the likes of Yoko Ono and Hedi Slimane is anything but cheap. It has fast become an exemplary independent digital publishing platform for artists, showcasing their creativity “without compromise” with spot-on online content to go with.
Also nominated was the my-future-children-will-laugh-at-me-for-thinking-this-is-weird Korean Tesco virtual store and the ingenious Face Substitution tech-wizadry by Arturo Castro and Kyle McDonald. Plus a couple pieces we picked up on the site last year: the Guardian iPad app and United Visual Artist’s installation at the National Maritime Museum, High Arctic.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations