Of all the Designs of the Year categories, it is graphics that has a special place closest to our collective heart. Quietly, sophisticatedly standing out are the AA Files by John Morgan Studio – a continued series of content-heavy yet cleanly composed journals of record for the Architectural Association School of Architecture. Much like the discourse that fills their pages, these editions are enormously considered – something that reflects throughout the rest of this studio’s portfolio, so why have we not posted them before?!
Also nominated are Why Not Associates with Gordon Young and their very excellent Comedy Carpet (which incidentally just won the Grand Prix at the Tokyo Type Director’s Club) and the indispensable and distractingly compulsive Photo-Lettering site. Also, and it was one of our favourite books we reviewed last year, Four Corner’s Beauty is in the Street has been deservedly selected.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100