Of all the Designs of the Year categories, it is graphics that has a special place closest to our collective heart. Quietly, sophisticatedly standing out are the AA Files by John Morgan Studio – a continued series of content-heavy yet cleanly composed journals of record for the Architectural Association School of Architecture. Much like the discourse that fills their pages, these editions are enormously considered – something that reflects throughout the rest of this studio’s portfolio, so why have we not posted them before?!
Also nominated are Why Not Associates with Gordon Young and their very excellent Comedy Carpet (which incidentally just won the Grand Prix at the Tokyo Type Director’s Club) and the indispensable and distractingly compulsive Photo-Lettering site. Also, and it was one of our favourite books we reviewed last year, Four Corner’s Beauty is in the Street has been deservedly selected.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"