A few reasons why I’m excited: it’s nearly Friday, another heat wave is approaching, and I’m going to Dining with Alice. Artichoke are serving up a unique Alice inspired performance cum al-fresco dining experience in Elsing Hall, a 15th century moated manor. Amazing. The victorian feast has been curated by the culinary masters Bompas & Parr. And by all accounts it all sounds spectacular.
On the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I also stumbled across this 1903 silent short film which was made just 8 years after the birth of cinema. Beautifully distressed.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery