A few reasons why I’m excited: it’s nearly Friday, another heat wave is approaching, and I’m going to Dining with Alice. Artichoke are serving up a unique Alice inspired performance cum al-fresco dining experience in Elsing Hall, a 15th century moated manor. Amazing. The victorian feast has been curated by the culinary masters Bompas & Parr. And by all accounts it all sounds spectacular.
On the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I also stumbled across this 1903 silent short film which was made just 8 years after the birth of cinema. Beautifully distressed.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli