A few reasons why I’m excited: it’s nearly Friday, another heat wave is approaching, and I’m going to Dining with Alice. Artichoke are serving up a unique Alice inspired performance cum al-fresco dining experience in Elsing Hall, a 15th century moated manor. Amazing. The victorian feast has been curated by the culinary masters Bompas & Parr. And by all accounts it all sounds spectacular.
On the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I also stumbled across this 1903 silent short film which was made just 8 years after the birth of cinema. Beautifully distressed.
- Long-limbed characters play out scenes in Serafine Frey's brilliant illustrations
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Humorously choreographed nudes in Ave Pildas’ photography
- Renowned design writers Charlotte and Peter Fiell show us what's on their bookshelf
- Talking ten years of Fantastic Man with Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom
- Absence, loneliness and the western quest for happiness: the strange world of Vacuum
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- New Channel 4 identity by creative dream team of 4Creative, Jonathan Glazer, Neville Brody and DBLG
- A new stop-motion Honda advert took four months, dozens of illustrators and thousands of drawings
- Abstract, symbol-laden work from designer Hirofumi Abe
- Creative producer Luella Lane tells us about her amazing 80s sticker collection