A few reasons why I’m excited: it’s nearly Friday, another heat wave is approaching, and I’m going to Dining with Alice. Artichoke are serving up a unique Alice inspired performance cum al-fresco dining experience in Elsing Hall, a 15th century moated manor. Amazing. The victorian feast has been curated by the culinary masters Bompas & Parr. And by all accounts it all sounds spectacular.
On the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I also stumbled across this 1903 silent short film which was made just 8 years after the birth of cinema. Beautifully distressed.
- Take the Jack Sachs animated tour of the Tate Britain, and meet his odd CG characters along the way
- The effortlessly lovely hand-drawn illustrations of Paula Bulling
- Kii Monroe Arens' delicious gig posters
- Alex Paulus’ paintings are full of misshapen characters in odd situations
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- Carmel Buckley and Mark Harris dissect the album covers of calypso singer Mighty Sparrow
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich