A few reasons why I’m excited: it’s nearly Friday, another heat wave is approaching, and I’m going to Dining with Alice. Artichoke are serving up a unique Alice inspired performance cum al-fresco dining experience in Elsing Hall, a 15th century moated manor. Amazing. The victorian feast has been curated by the culinary masters Bompas & Parr. And by all accounts it all sounds spectacular.
On the theme of Alice in Wonderland, I also stumbled across this 1903 silent short film which was made just 8 years after the birth of cinema. Beautifully distressed.
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design