If you used to spend your time scrutinising the Hello Nasty album cover in your room (this is before the time when we all had work to do) or if you just thought, or still think, that The Beastie Boys are the coolest guys ever, then you’ll like this. Good old Juxtapoz magazine have gone and located all the designers and artists responsible for the consistently amazing Beastie Boys artwork and have interviewed them about the process.
Interesting facts come out of this. A photograph on the front of an album was taken in only three shots, some of the designers couldn’t even understand what the Beastie Boys were saying, and a humbling quote from the legendary World B. Omes where he exclaims that all the great artwork was created purely because of the sheer brilliance of that band. Seriously great video, watch it here.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations