Rarely has a photographer portrayed artists in such a friendly manner as Eamonn McCabe in his series of portraits of artists in their studios. Eamonn has been working as a freelance photographer since 1976 and has broken a record by being crowned Sports Photographer of The Year four times! His ability to bring a welcoming, friendly view on all matter of subjects has earned him not only a place in the Guinness Book of Records but also a few spots in the National Portrait Gallery, where you can currently see a few of his images, in particular his portrait of Sarah Lucas which is being displayed as part of the 2013 Taylor Wessing Prize.
As well as his unbelievable sport photography, another of Eamonn’s personal projects is entitled Writer’s Rooms and allows us to see inside the rooms where some of the most important fiction of all time has been conceived — fascinating.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan