Rarely has a photographer portrayed artists in such a friendly manner as Eamonn McCabe in his series of portraits of artists in their studios. Eamonn has been working as a freelance photographer since 1976 and has broken a record by being crowned Sports Photographer of The Year four times! His ability to bring a welcoming, friendly view on all matter of subjects has earned him not only a place in the Guinness Book of Records but also a few spots in the National Portrait Gallery, where you can currently see a few of his images, in particular his portrait of Sarah Lucas which is being displayed as part of the 2013 Taylor Wessing Prize.
As well as his unbelievable sport photography, another of Eamonn’s personal projects is entitled Writer’s Rooms and allows us to see inside the rooms where some of the most important fiction of all time has been conceived — fascinating.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs