Somewhere between Moon, The Fifth Element, Tintin: Destination Moon and 2001: A Space Odyssey sits Eclipse, a brand new piece of animation from Gobelins students (yes, students) Theo Guignard, Noé Lecombre and Hugo Moreno. It’s got all the classic sci-fi staples – eerie soundtrack, mysterious evil/benign paranormal entity, barren lunar landscape – and it’s drawn in a style evocative of the classic cartoon greats. That’s all the information we’re prepared to supply for fear of ruining the experience of this perfectly-paced, beautifully atmospheric animation.
If you think you’re too busy to stop for four minutes and immerse yourself in some sci-fi this afternoon then you better get your priorities in order. You’re wrong, this is great, you NEED to watch it.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”